WHEN DO YOU QUIT?

It was only supposed to be two or three months that I needed to be off work after a major surgery but somehow, and please don't think I'm lazy, I haven't gone back to work yet. Not that I don't want to go back to work (got bills I got to pay you know), but the "down time" suddenly provided me the opportunity (or the excuse, depending on how you look at it) to dabble more into building online income.

I actually started studying and researching about online business way back 2009 but it was on and off because I had so much on my table back then that kept me from focusing on any one item. I guess back then I was more of "if it doesn't make much money right away, look elsewhere" kinda guy and I really was not making much at all with my blogs and pay per clicks. So I forgot about my blogs and looked elsewhere. Bad choice.

Here's a fact: YOU DON'T MAKE MUCH MONEY RIGHT AWAY ONLINE! This is especially true with online passive income. Realistically, it may take at least several months before you expect to make any decent passive online income.

Way back 2009, I was blown away with inspiring tales of online entrepreneurs making thousands of passive dollars on autopilot right from launch. And they would gladly "share" how they did it through their "FREE" ebook which I can download by providing my email address. Although there were a lot of gems I learned from those "FREE" ebooks, I also learned nothing is "FREE" in this world. Long story short, and this is true of most "FREE" passive online income ebooks, I was supposed to buy or subscribe or pay for a service for their system to work.

But hey, don't let me stop you from downloading those FREE ebooks. Like I said, there's a treasure trove of useful information you can learn from those ebooks. And if you can afford the small investment to make the system work, by all means, buy them.

Anyway, one thing I'd like to point out with this post is how far do you go before you actually throw in the proverbial towel and give up. I am reminded of a story about a gold miner looking for the mother lode. For several months he dug and dug and dug, deeper and deeper, but got not even a speck of gold. Finally, exhausted and bankrupt, he gave up his search and went home broke.

A week later, another miner went into the same tunnel the first miner abandoned. He dug but only a few feet when eureka he found the mother lode the first miner had been digging for these last several months.

Can you feel the frustration the first miner felt? He was only a few feet away from his goal. So close yet he let his goal slip away when he gave up and now he can only weep as he watched the other miner reap the fruits of his labor.

Right now, I am at a crossroad where I need to choose whether I should continue with my quest for online passive income or go back to work and be a regular Joe again. I've invested so much time and effort to give up now. I'm hoping I can do both. Let's see where this goes.

No comments: