QUOTA


Got a text message from MJ the other day. She says the year is almost over and she still has not yet reached her Quota.

Quota? Now that's a word I have not heard in a long time. I remember I, too, once dreaded that word. A Quota to me was like bitter medicine. You hate it but still you have to swallow it. The very first time I heard that word "Quota" was in a sentence much like this : "Meet your Quota or get out!". Very Negative.

Out of curiosity, I looked up the word "Quota" in the dictionary, and came up with these definitions:
Quota:
- the share of a total ; 
- a set number, amount or portion ;
- to assign or divide in shares ;
- allotment

Oddly, there was no mention of "Goal", not even a hint of it, in these definitions. Next Post I'll try to differentiate Quota from Goal.

No comments: